Monday, August 31, 2009

Sometimes I like color, too


This summer I was given the pleasure of making a painting for my friends, Jess and Jason. Since this will be the focal point of their main living room, I want to make the best piece of art for them I can.

I have always liked to paint and love making colors and textures on the canvas. I am grateful to have this painting to work on because it has reminded how powerful colors can be. I use colors a lot more in my life as a scribe, but with sculpting and the permanence of steel I typically shy away from color.  It has been fun shaping the colors where I want them.

I am still working on the painting, but here it is with a few layers of paint on it. I should be finished with it soon. I'll post the final version when I do.


Oh and I just like these flowers...

No comments: